Pioneer Memorial Park
Pioneer Memorial Park is located 7 miles south of Brandon, Minnesota on County Road 7. It is on the site of former Country School District 5. This school was closed in 1956 when it consolidated with Brandon.
The Park was formed in 1949 when former students bought the land and formed a community club there. This club is still active and meeting at the site today. Across the road is the original site of the 1954 memorial to the Finnish and Norwegian pioneers who helped settle the area.
The Park features a picnic shelter and log cabin, available for rent year round. For rental of the cabin, call M. Roers at 834-4076 and for memberships, call P. Roers at the same phone number.
Current 2005 Board Members
Duane Haabala - President
Carl Pipo - Vice President
Margaret Haabala Roers - Secretary
Paul Roers - Treasurer