Brandon Auditorium, City Hall and Fire Department
105 Holmes Avenue
The Brandon Auditorium and City Hall was placed on the
National Register of Historic Places on August 29, 1985.
The Brandon Auditorium and City Hall was designed by F. Boes Pfeifer, built by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.), and completed in 1936. It is architecturally and historically significant as a building whose unusual design represents some of the most creative W.P.A. era architecture found in Minnesota. Furthermore, the building illustrates the success of programs like the W.P.A. which provided both useful employment for the country's jobless and innovative new buildings for public use.